Ford's Smart Car

Friday, November 25, 2011

THOUGHTS: BUFFET, BUFFET, BUFFET


How do you eat your buffet?

Every Filipino loves to eat. From birthday parties, Friday night outs, holidays and even a small but sumptuous feast.

But how do I eat my buffet or buffet plate? First things first. I am protecting my intestinal lining with fiber. I eat greens or salads first. This will help me digest and promote the flow of digested food easily.

Then, the main event. I DO NOT EAT THE TYPICAL FOOD THAT I CAN EASILY PREPARE. I eat authentic dishes with unique or expensive ingredients. But sometimes, I do taste it if it is their bestseller or the "talk of the town"  dish.

Where's  the rice? Yes! Our staple food. I put 1/4 cup of rice. But why? I am not able to ingest other food from the menu if I will fill my tummy with carbohydrates. And speaking of carbohydrates, I eat less serving in order to accommodate the same reason with rice. =D

I always partner with any bitter herbs or vegetables any serving of meat. This was commanded by God with his people...

That same night they are to eat the meat roasted over the fire, along with bitter herbs, and bread made without yeast.  
-Exodus 12:8 (New International Version)

I eat fruit salads instead of dessert with high sugar content. Another way of inducing fiber to our body after the heavy meal. But as a rule, I do taste a little amount of the most delectable choice.

And the first and last thing to remember? I drink water before, during and after buffet.

But I do always put in my mind that eating is not just a habit or a passion. Eating is a tool given to us to sustain our existence. Our existence to do His will.

No comments:

Post a Comment